Well we all love to indulge on decadent iced coffee drinks, more so during the summers. Although I’m not a big coffee addict, I do need my cup of coffee the first thing in the morning. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee is so captivating, it just awakens my senses!
There is no sign of summer in this part of the world, but it is at its peak in India. If you love Starbucks Mocha Frappucino, and you find yourself indulging in these drinks more than often, I have an easy recipe for you, which is not only economical but can also be made easily in the comfort of your home! Moreover it’s extremely easy, so don’t blame me if you do end up making this every other day 😀
Ingredients: ( Serves 2 )
1 & 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee ( I use Nescafe )
1 & 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup warm water
2 & 1/2 cups chilled whole/skim milk ( or half & half to make it more creamier and rich)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoon agave nectar/ honey/ sugar , adjust as per desired sweetness
chocolate syrup, to decorate the glasses
Whipping cream ( optional)
Couple of chocolate chips/ grated chocolate, for garnish ( optional)
- Dissolve the coffee powder and cocoa powder in 1/2 cup of warm water. You can keep this concoction in the refrigerator to chill for some time.
- Just before serving, decorate the glasses with the chocolate syrup. Simply pour the syrup on the sides of the glass, and keep swirling to create a random pattern.
- Transfer the cold milk, coffee + cocoa concoction, agave nectar & vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until mixed well and frothy.
- Pour from a height into the prepared glasses , decorate with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and chocolate chips/chunks/ sprinkles. Enjoy this delicious and refreshing mocha frappuccino.
1.Instead of instant coffee you can also use 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee.
2.You may also use chocolate syrup instead of cocoa powder, in that case just add it with other ingredients in the blender and reduce the quantity of sweetener.
3.If you are using sugar, then dissolve it in the warm coffee concoction.
3.I do not like to add ice, since I don’t like to dilute it down, you may add a couple of ice cubes and blend.
4. You can totally adjust the quantities of coffee and cocoa as per your preference.
I would love to hear from you , please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at aromaticessence77@