Okay so I have one more mango recipe to share with you all ! I know I know I’m a crazy mango maniac , I absolutely love this fruit and can have it in any form ! Though honestly I best enjoy it as it is ! Well I don’t have the luxury of eating those heavenly Alphonso mangoes , so I’m making do with the pulp which is readily available in most Indian stores ! Do try out the Alphonso one over the kesari mango pulp , I bet you will fall in love with it 🙂
So I had bookmarked this recipe shared my dear friend Soniya , who blogs at The Belly Rules The Mind along with her friend Anvita! This is an eggless mango semolina cake. All you need it just 1 bowl , and 10 minutes of prep time , and you have yourself this delicious and exotic , tropical mango cake in 20 minutes flat ! I’m literally short on words on how to describe it , coz its’s so good and decadent even without any frosting ( totally not required). Yet another tea time cake that will definitely be added to my repertoire !
Thanks Soniya for this wonderful recipe ! Do check out her blog guys for more healthy treats 🙂
Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
Ingredients : ( Yields 7 standard sized cupcakes)
1 cup fine variety semolina
1/4 cup vegetable oil ( I used sunflower oil)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup mango pulp ( I used canned pulp )
1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder ( elaichi)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
nuts of your choice for garnish (optional )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners ( I used silicone liners) or you can use a loaf pan.In a mixing bowl, add semolina, sugar , salt and cardamom powder and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add oil to this and mix again.
- Add mango pulp , mix well.
- Set this batter aside for 10 mins, so that the semolina absorbs the moisture.
- Transfer the batter to the liners or loaf pan and bake for about 20 minutes if using the muffin pan or about 30 minutes if using the loaf pan . If the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. Transfer to a cooling rack and Let it cool for 10 minutes, the remove from the muffin pan/loaf pan and cool completely. Garnish with sliced almonds or nuts of your choice.
- The cupcakes do not really brown on top as the loaf cake, remove them out as soon as the toothpick comes out clean.
- I filled the batter almost to the rim of the liners, you can fill 2/3rd and probably get around 8 cupcakes. They do not rise a lot.
- You can also use fresh mango pulp, try and use a pulpy mango. Cut the mango , scoop out the flesh, discard the seed. Make a puree without adding any water. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to get rid of any fibers.
I would love to hear from you , please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at aromaticessence77@
Thanks for stopping by !