I’m sure by now you know I love Indo Chinese cuisine, given by the number of dishes I have shared! Also if you have been following my post, you guys know how I love quick fix meals! This spicy chilli garlic noodles recipe is just that! If your palette is craving for some spicy food then these noodles are the right deal for the job!
These noodles are loaded with garlic and a lot of heat from a combination of the fresh Thai bird’s eye chilli and the dry red chillies. The Thai chillies are from my very own little herb garden, and these little guys are reaaallly spicy! I used just 2 and that was enough heat as the chili garlic sauce is pretty spicy as well. This is such a fuss free and quick meal, just yet another perfect one to dish out on those busy week nights! Enjoy!!
Step by step instructions-
2.Heat oil in wok or heavy bottomed pan, add garlic and fresh and dry red chillies. Sauté until garlic turns golden.
3.Sauté chopped spring onions next, until translucent.
6.Add boiled noodles and toss for a couple of minutes on high heat. Sprinkle scallion greens, mix and switch off the heat.
Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
Chilli garlic noodles is a quick and delicious Indo-Chinese dish, that is ready under 15 minutes. Add protein of choice to make it a wholesome meal.
- 200 grams noodles
- 3 nos. big garlic cloves,,minced
- 2-3 nos. fresh red/green chillies, finely chopped
- 3-4 nos. dry red chillies,broken into half
- 1/4 cup white portion of scallion greens (spring onion)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped colored bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to season
- 1- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 tbsp scallion greens (spring onions)
- Boil noodles as per package instructions, drain and coat with little oil. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or heavy bottomed pan, add garlic and fresh and dry red chillies. Sauté until garlic turns golden.
- Sauté chopped spring onions next, until translucent.
- Add the chopped colored bell peppers and sauté for few more minutes.
- Add soy sauce, chilli garlic paste, pinch of sugar, pepper and salt if required.
- Add boiled noodles and toss for a couple of minutes on high heat. Sprinkle scallion greens, mix and switch off the heat. Enjoy it as it is or with any other side dish, such as sweet and sour chicken, schezwan potatoes, veg Manchurian etc.
Pin it for later-
I would love to hear from you , please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at email@example.com
You can also follow me on :
Facebook @ Aromaticessence
Pinterest @ Aromatic Essence
Instagram @ aromatic_essence77